Location: Applicant to be based at OCCRP’s head office in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, though we will consider locations in Europe or Eurasia for the right applicant.
Date of Issuance: 02 August 2019
Deadline: September 15, 2019
Journalism Development Network JDN, Inc (doing business as OCCRP) is recruiting a senior investigator to join our vibrant team and help us tackle the most challenging stories in the world. JDN (OCCRP) is one of the world’s leading investigative reporting organizations, with a staff of 130 and operations across the globe. We are known for producing high-quality, ambitious cross-border investigations under difficult conditions.
Few jobs really change the world. But this senior investigator will work on JDN’s (OCCRP’s) highest profile stories which have. The applicant need not be an investigative journalist, but must have an investigative background, with the ability — and burning desire — to uncover what others seek to hide.
What we’re looking for:
- Investigative skills stemming from experience in investigative journalism, law enforcement, business intelligence, due diligence, asset tracking, compliance, or other investigative professions (no former government intelligence personnel will be considered).
- Knowledge and understanding of complex offshore financial schemes, international money laundering operations, or criminal structures.
- The ability to work productively, and in challenging conditions, with local journalists from a variety of journalistic traditions, cultures, levels of experience, and language proficiencies.
- The ability to develop sources and mine public records.
- Familiarity with mining and handling large datasets a plus.
- Sophisticated skills in open source intelligence.
- The ability to source new data and original datasets.
- A commitment to gathering information in a safe, ethical, and productive manner.
- Fluent English.
- Other languages, especially Russian, are a plus.
- A track record of successful collaborative work as part of a team.
- Passion, thick skin, and the temperament to work in occasionally stressful conditions on high-stakes stories.
- A determination to utilize the immense resources and unique abilities of OCCRP.
- Enthusiastic support of OCCRP’s ethos and values.
Salary is competitive and subject to experience. The position includes health care and generous vacation benefits.
To apply, please send the following to jobs[at]occrp.org:
- A detailed resume.
- A cover letter explaining why you want to work with OCCRP and what you will add.
The deadline for applications is Sept 15, 2019.
We regret that we are not able to reply to unsuccessful candidates.
OCCRP is an equal opportunity employer.