Terms: Full time, subject to 6 months’ probation period.
For information about OCCRP please visit www.occrp.org
- Monitoring daily crime and corruption news in relation to Russia, CIS and Central Asia, writing news briefs for OCCRP’s Russian website.
- Editing news briefs as they come in from regional reporters and OCCRP partner center reporters.
- Developing a network of daily reporters in the regions of coverage.
- Setting editorial tone and standards.
- Adjusting and developing editorial and content strategy.
- Posting news briefs to the Russian language website.
- Commissioning and editing features.
- Liaising with partner centers.
- Writing text for social media promotion of news briefs and features.
- Ability to handle the monthly budget.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, ideally in media development.
- At least 3 years of reporting experience.
- High proficiency in writing and editing.
- Familiarity with organized crime and corruption issues.
- Native Russian language speaker.
- Very good command of the English language (oral and written skills).
- Solid news judgment.
- Basic HTML skills.
- Basic SMM skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a high-energy, deadline-oriented environment.
- Fluency in using Microsoft Office applications and basic digital tools.
To apply, please email a letter of interest and your resume to jobs(at)occrp.org by 7, December 2018. We regret that we are not able to reply to unsuccessful candidates.