Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Terms: Full time, subject to 6 months’ probation period.
We are looking for an experienced EU grant manager. For information about JDN/OCCRP please visit www.occrp.org
- Coordinating and/or overseeing the implementation of investigative journalism programs with a specific focus on a major EU grant covering Central Asia regions/countries. Necessary activities include the following:
- Developing and monitoring work plans and communicating regularly with JDN/OCCRP journalists, staff and partners, to ensure projects achieve clear, targeted benchmarks and outcomes.
- Creating and maintaining/updating a detailed log frame, which should be available at all times to the donor on request.
- Working closely with the financial team as well as with the finance and program officers of the donor organization(s) to produce spending forecasts and other financial documentation required by the donor, and ensure detailed documentation and justification of expenditure.
- Producing regular narrative reports as required and working closely with the financial team on coordinating the production of financial reports.
- Ensuring all forms of tracking and evaluation of project progress required by the donor(s)
- Working closely with the finance and strategic finance teams to make cost-effective financial decisions and produce financial analyses.
- Understanding and practicing digital security.
- Communicating with donors and external actors in accordance with valid policies and protocols of the Programs Team
- Performing other tasks as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Either BiH citizenship or the right to reside and work in BiH.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant professional experience, ideally in media development, anti-corruption, transparency, open data, or international development.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in project/program management of EU grants, coordination and/or grant management, with responsibilities related to project deliverables/finance.
- Excellent oral and written skills (English). Second language an asset.
- Ability to prepare and analyze budgets. Experience developing grant proposals preferred.
- Well organized, accurate with attention to detail, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality.
- Able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and to improve performance through management feedback.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects, and coordinate and report on cross-border projects with high-quality results.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a high-energy, deadline-oriented environment.
- Fluency in using Microsoft Office applications and basic digital tools e.g. Google Drive.
To apply, please email a letter of interest and your resume to jobs[at]occrp.org by 09 March 2020. All applications must be submitted in English. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. We regret that we are not able to reply to unsuccessful candidates.