Location: The position is based in JDN’s headquarters in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Terms: The position is full-time, pending a standard six-month probation period.
Date of Issuance: 26 July 2019
Deadline: 31 Aug 2019
Journalism Development Network JDN, Inc is looking for an IT helpdesk assistant to support our growing team. You will be responsible for providing front line technical support to staff in our Sarajevo office, as well as our wider network of journalists across Eastern Europe, Central Asia and the world.
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and willingness to learn. We will provide support and training to get you up to speed. Familiarity with computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products is a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you want this job and why you are a good fit for the role. As this is an entry level role, and many candidates do not extensive work experience, so the cover letter is especially important. We will not consider applications that do not have a comprehensive cover letter. Please send the letter along with a resume to jobs[at]occrp.org
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues in a timely and accurate way.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues by asking pointed questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
- Talk through a series of actions often face-to-face, also via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue. Share effective workarounds with team members.
- Help to develop internal resources and documentation and seek out feedback.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues as appropriate.
- Conduct internal training for new staff.
- Ensure all issues are properly logged and completed.
- Analyze and report issues (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users).
What you bring to the table:
- Candidates must live within one hour’s commute from central Sarajevo, and are expected to work full time from our office.
- Either BiH citizenship or the right to reside and work in BiH.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate across cultures in a sometimes stressful working environment.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- An interest in JND’s mission
- Ability to take initiative and multi-task
- Familiarity with computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- An understanding of Russian, Romanian
What you get by joining JDN:
- Opportunity to work with people from around the world and exposure to new cultures
- Chance to grow and learn, and be supported in your career
- Flexible working hours
To apply, please email a letter of interest and your resume to jobs[at]occrp.org by 31 Aug 2019.
We regret that we are not able to reply to unsuccessful candidates.