Location: Applicants must be based in a major African city. Preference will be given to West African applicants with five or more years of experience as editors and senior investigative reporters.
Date of Issuance: 20 June 2019
Journalism Development Network JDN, Inc (OCCRP) is recruiting an Africa editor to join our vibrant team and help us tackle the most challenging stories on the continent. JDN (OCCRP) is already one of the world’s leading investigative reporting organizations with a staff of 108 and operations across the globe. The organization is renowned for high quality and ambitious investigations produced under difficult conditions. Africa is a growing region within the organization.
- Produce high quality investigations;
- Edit investigations to a high quality while eliminating libel risk and identifying areas of potential litigation;
- Train reporters in investigative techniques and best practices with an eye to developing maximum efficiency;
- Gather news in a safe, ethical and productive manner;
- Recruit new reporters and media outlets;
- Source new data and original datasets;
- Possess strong communication skills suited to working remotely and coordinating story scheduling, production, illustrations and promotion;
- Speak fluent English with other languages a plus;
- Collaborative with a track record of good work as part of a team;
- Supportive of JDN’s (OCCRP’s) ethos and values.;
Salary is competitive and subject to experience.
To apply, please send the following to jobs[at]occrp.org::
- A detailed resume.
- A cover letter explaining why you want to work with JDN (OCCRP) and what you will add.
- Samples of three or more investigations published in the past year.
- A list of references with contact information.
- An unedited writing sample.
- Three pitches for investigative projects
The deadline for applications is July 31, 2019.
We regret that we are not able to reply to unsuccessful candidates.
JDN (OCCRP) is an equal opportunity employer.